Low on time to feed your little ones? With a simple freezing technique and mix and matching they will be crawling to you for more in no time!
1. Choose a fruit, veggie or even meat.
2. Prepare it by washing, peeling, etc – depending on the fresh produce used.
3. Chop it into small pieces which aids in cooking it quickly and evenly.
4. Boil it until it is very soft.
5. Transfer to a small blender or food processor with a little liquid (amount of liquid is dependent on how high the water-content is, like zucchini).
6. Puree until smooth.
7. Freeze the puree in ice cube trays. Fill the compartments in the tray halfway and you can add several different foods to the same tray.
8. Transfer the frozen cubes to a cold-proof container. You can use a glass jar, plastic container, or zip lock bag.
9. Remove a cube/cubes for each meal and defrost on the stove or in the microwave.
10. Mix and match flavors to create an endless variety of combinations.
11. Ready to serve to your little ones!