7 May 2019 - 31 May 2019
Terms & Conditions
a) The Hari-Hari Menang, Hari-Hari Value Contest [“Contest”] is organised by GCH Retail (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd. [667035-P] [the “Organiser”].
b) The Contest is open to all members of the Giant ‘Hari-Hari Value Di Giant’ Facebook Group aged 18 years and above [each a “Participant” and collectively, the “Participants”] except the employees and the immediate family members of the Organiser; their advertising and promotional agencies and associate companies. In the event that a Participant is below 18 years of age at the date of participation, the Participant is required to obtain written consent from his/her parent/guardian before joining this Contest and upon request by the Organiser, will be required to present the same. Proof of identification documents may be required.
c) By participating in this Contest, the Participant is deemed to have fully and unconditionally agreed to be bound by the terms and conditions stated hereinafter. The Organiser reserves the right to change, amend, add and/or delete any of these Terms and Conditions at any time without prior notice and Participants shall be bound by such changes. The Organiser reserves the right to disqualify any Participant who does not comply with any of the Terms and Conditions of this Contest or if the Organiser is of the view that the Participant fails to meet any of the Organiser’s participation criteria.
d) The Contest will run from 12:00PM till 1:30PM on a daily basis every weekday starting from 7 May 2019 till 31 May 2019. [“Contest Period”]. All entries received before or after the Contest Period shall not be entertained. The Organiser reserves the right at its absolute discretion to vary, postpone, reschedule and/or extend the Contest Period and/or cancel/terminate the Contest at any time without prior notice.
e) Steps to participate in the Contest are as follows:-
● Be a member of either of these Facebook groups
○ Hari-Hari Value di Giant : http://bit.ly/2Wr4zW4
○ Hari-Hari Value di Giant (Sabah) : http://bit.ly/2YR70Tt
○ Hari-Hari Value di Giant (Sarawak) : http://bit.ly/2Vpd6g1
● Join the daily Facebook LIVE at the allotted time and search for the hidden words in the wordsearch puzzle posted in selected groups. (“Contest Post”).
○ 12:00PM to 12:30PM - Hari-Hari Value Giant
○ 12:30PM to 1:00PM - Hari-Hari Value Giant (Sabah)
○ 1:00PM to 1:30PM - Hari-Hari Value Giant (Sarawak)
● Answer the word you find in the comments section. The first person to find each word will earn 1 point. The member with the highest points at the end of 3 game rounds will win the prize of the day.
● Participants may participate as many times as they wish within the Contest Period but may win one (1) prize only throughout the Contest Period. In the event that the winner has won before, the second place Participant will be the winner. The Organiser is not responsible for any technical difficulties in submission of entries.
f) Winner selection:-
i. Upon adherence of participation steps, selection of the winner(s) will be conducted by the Organiser based on these following criteria:
● Member of Hari-Hari Value di Giant Facebook group.
● Highest points/words found during the LIVE stream.
ii. Every 1 winner from each of the Hari-Hari Value di Giant Facebook groups will be selected each day during the Contest Period will entitle them to win RM100 worth of Giant Gift Vouchers. There will be a total of 57 winners for the entire Contest duration in a total of RM5,700 in Giant Gift Vouchers.
iii. Winners’ announcement will be made daily during the LIVE stream at the end of the 3 rounds.
iv. The shortlisted Participants will be contacted via DM and then contacted via Phone. This will be done on a best effort basis with a maximum of three (3) attempts. It is the responsibility of the winner to provide a correct and valid phone number.
v. Participants who have failed to provide their contact details within 2 weeks from the date of notification will be disqualified.
vi. In the event a shortlisted Participant is not contactable, the next best submission from the shortlisted Participants will be selected.
g) Contest Prizes (“Prize”)
1. Giant Gift Vouchers worth RM100 x 57 Winners (19 Winners per Facebook Group). The Contest Prize is not transferable, non-refundable and non-exchangeable for cash.
2. Prizes will be delivered, through courier service, to the mailing address provided by the winner. It is the responsibility of the winner to provide a correct and valid address.
3. All Prizes are bound to the terms and conditions attached to the Prizes. The Organiser reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to provide an alternative Prize of an equivalent value without prior notice. Prize is not redeemable for cash and is not transferable.
4. The Organiser will not be held liable in the event of non-receipt or delayed delivery of any form of notification to the winner(s). All costs incidental to the Prize(s) collection and/or usage of the Prizes shall be solely borne by the winners.
5. It is the winners’ responsibility to notify the Organiser before 31st July 2019 of any non-receipt of their Prizes. After which, all Prizes are deemed received by Winners.
● The Organiser, its related and associated companies, its agencies and companies associated with this Contest disclaim any and all liability arising from this Contest and will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or participation in this Contest, prize collection and/or usage of the Prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law). Participants undertake that they shall not bring any claims or actions against the Organiser, or its related and associated companies, whether in contract, tort or otherwise.
● By participating in this Contest, Participants agree and have given the Organiser the rights to use their name, address, photograph, particulars, documents and information for the purpose of advertising and all other forms of publicity from time to time without any royalty or compensation including, without limitation to any taping(s) and recording(s) in connection with the Contest.
● All entries will be the property of the Organiser and the Participant will not claim, use, or exploit the entries for any purpose by any whatsoever mean at any time.
● The Organiser, all its promotion partners and other parties involved in the Contest, including their directors, officers and agents are not liable in any way for the following: (a) intervention by unauthorized parties during the Contest; (b) any human errors and electronic/technical failure in the administration of the Contest and processing of entries; (c) any entry that is lost, damaged, wrongly delivered or not received; and (d) any liability (including death) whether directly or indirectly caused by their participation in the Contest and usage of the prize.
● The Organiser has the rights to publish and/or display particulars and/or photos of Winners in print media and electronic media for the purpose of advertising, publicity and winner announcement without any royalty or compensation.
● The Organiser may at its sole and absolute discretion to change, cancel, terminate, suspend this Contest and/or amend the Terms and Conditions set herein without any prior notice. All matters relating to this Contest are final and binding upon all Participants of this Contest, and no correspondence will be entertained.
● The Organiser reserves the right to verify the eligibility of Participants and Participants who do not comply with these Terms and Conditions will be disqualified. The Organiser accepts no responsibility for any such disqualification.
● The Organiser reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Participant that it determines or reasonably suspects to be tampering with the Contest submission process or the operation of this Contest, or to be acting in breach or potential breach of these Terms and Conditions.
● Without limiting the above, the Organiser reserves the right to pursue legal action against any individual it believes has undertaken fraudulent activities or other activities harmful to the Contest submission process or the operation of this Contest.
● If for any reason any aspect of this Contest is not capable of running as planned including by reason of virus attacks, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Organiser which affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, the Organiser may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify, suspend this Contest, and/or invalidate any affected entries.
● All decisions made by the Organiser shall be final and binding in all aspects and no further correspondence or appeal will be entertained.
It is the responsibility of the Participants to provide complete and valid information. Participant agrees to grant the rights to the Organiser to have an access to obtain, extract, verify and/or utilize the given information at any time from time to time.
Participants may refer to www.giant.com.my for full details of full notice under the Personal Data Protection Act 2010.