22 Nov 2018 – 31 Dec 2018
Terms & Conditions
- Spend and Win Contest for Education Fund worth RM60,000 (the “Contest”) is organised by GCH Retail (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd. (the “Organiser”).
- Contest period: 22 Nov 2018 – 31 Dec 2018 at all Giant stores nationwide.
- The Contest is open to all Malaysians with kids 17 years old and below who reside in Malaysia, [each a “Participant” and collectively, the “Participants”] except for the employees and the immediate family members of the Organiser, its advertising and promotion agencies.
Every Ringgit Malaysia Eighty (RM80) spent at all Giant stores nationwide in a single receipt entitles the customer to a chance to win up to RM30,000 in cash to be deposited into an Education Fund Savings Account.
- By participating in this Contest, each Participant is deemed to have fully and unconditionally agreed to be bound by the Terms and Conditions stated hereinafter.
- Steps to participate in the Contest are as follows:-
- Spend a minimum of Ringgit Malaysia Eighty (RM80) only within the Contest Period in a single receipt (“Proof of Purchase”) at any Giant outlets.
- Complete personal details and answer the slogan in the form. Attach the original Proof of Purchase and drop into the designated box located at the Customer Service Counter before 31 December 2018. Any late submission thereafter shall not be entertained.
- Participants may submit as many entries as they wish within the Contest Period but each entry must be supported with the required Proof of Purchase. One (1) Proof of Purchase entitles Participants to one (1) contest entry.
- Each Participant is only entitled to win one (1) prize according to their registered Malaysian Identification Card Number.
- Any entry that is incomplete, damaged, difficult to read, late, incorrect or with insufficient Proof of Purchase will be disqualified automatically. The Organiser is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
- This promotion is not applicable to Touch N’ Go, Epay, Giant Cash Voucher, Giant Gift Cards, Infant Milk, Cigarette and Tobacco and all tenants in Giant Mall & Food Court.
- The Organiser reserves the right to terminate / vary / withdraw /substitute this contest at any time without prior notice and without having to disclose any reason therefore and without any payment or compensation whatsoever. The decision made by the Organiser on all matters relating to this contest is final, conclusive and binding on all participants and no correspondence or whatsoever will be entertained.
- Winners Selection:-
- Selection of the winner(s) will be conducted by the Organiser through a lucky draw process.
- Winners will be selected by 1st February 2019.
- Shortlisted Participants will be contacted via telephone or email on best effort basis of the Organiser with maximum of three (3) attempts. In the event a shortlisted Participant is not contactable, the next lower number from the shortlisted serial number will be contacted
- The Contest prizes (“Prize”) are:-
- First Prize : RM30,000 Education Fund at OCBC Young Savers (1 Winner)
- Second Prize : RM20,000 Education Fund at OCBC Young Savers (1 Winner)
- Third Prize : RM10,000 Education Fund at OCBC Young Savers (1 Winner)
- The winners are required to collect their prize at the Organiser’s office and proof of the relationship (Birth certificate and MyKid and Mykad identification) is required.
- All Prizes are bound to the terms and conditions attached to the Prizes. The Organiser reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to provide an alternative Prize of an equivalent value without prior notice. Prize is not redeemable for cash and is not transferable.
- The Organiser, its related and associated companies, and its agencies and companies associated with this Contest disclaim any and all liability arising from this Contest and will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or participation in this Contest, prize collection and/or usage of the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law). Participants undertake that they shall not bring any claims or actions against the Organiser, or its related and associated companies, whether in contract, tort or otherwise.
- By participating in this Contest, Participants agree and have given to the Organiser rights to use their name, address, photograph, particulars, documents and information for the purpose of advertising and all other forms of publicity from time to time without any royalty or compensation including, without limitation to any taping(s) and recording(s) in connection with the Contest.
- All entries will be the property of the Organiser and the Participant will not claim, use, or exploit the entries for any purpose by any whatsoever mean at any time.
- The Organiser, all its promotion partners and other parties involved in the Contest, including their directors, officers and agents are not liable in any way for the following: (a) intervention by unauthorized parties during the Contest; (b) any human errors and electronic/technical failure in the administration of the Contest and processing of entries; (c) any entry that is lost, damaged, wrongly delivered or not received; and (d) any liability (including death) whether directly or indirectly caused by their participation in the Contest and usage of the prize.
- Participants and winners take full responsibility in case of any liability, personal injury, damage, claim or accident resulting from their participation in this lucky draw redemption and/or utilization of prize.
- The Organiser has the rights to publish and/or display particulars and/or photos of winners in print media and electronic media for the purpose of advertising, publicity and winner announcement without any royalty or compensation to the winners.
- The Organiser may at its sole and absolute discretion to change, cancel, terminate, suspend this Contest and/or amend the Terms and Conditions set herein without any prior any prior notice. All matters relating to this Contest are final and binding upon to on all Participants of this Contest, and no correspondence will be entertained.
- The Organiser reserves the right to verify the eligibility of Participants and Participants who do not comply with these Terms and Conditions will be disqualified. The Organiser accepts no responsibility for any such disqualification.
- The Organiser reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any Participant that is determines or reasonably suspects to be tampering with the Contest submission process or the operation of this Contest, or to be acting in breach or potential breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- Without limiting the above, the Organiser reserves the right to pursue legal action against any individual it believes has undertaken fraudulent activities or other activities harmful to the Contest submission process or the operation of this Contest.
- If for any reason any aspect of this Contest is not capable of running as planned including by reason of infection by computer virus attacks, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Organiser which affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, the Organiser may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify, and/or suspend this Contest, and/or invalidate any affected entries.
- All decisions made by the Organiser shall be final and binding in all aspects and no further correspondence or appeal will be entertained.
It is the responsibility of the Participants to provide complete and valid information. Participant agrees to grant the rights to the Organiser to have access to obtain, extract, verify and/or utilize the given information at any time from time to time.